It's now 11:23 p.m. on May 12th, and I turn 30 in exactly 37 minutes. I think that right about now, many people are having panic attacks at the prospect of their 20s slipping away. I spent the day wrapping up my last day at work before maternity leave, seeing a chick flick with my friends, then coming home and joining in a round or two of Guitar Hero with Michael, Brent and Scott. It was a great day. It's been an awesome year. And overall, I've really enjoyed my 20s.
But how cool is it to know that in just eight days I'll be ringing in the early days of my 30s with an even bigger "birth day?" I'm really excited about all that Michael and I will experience together with our new family in the next decade.
And so I say, good riddance, 20s. It's been real. I had a great time finally drinking legally with you, even if it meant paying ridiculous cover charges and $10 per cocktail. It was great throwing a few dollars on the blackjack tables in Vegas with you. I was glad we got to stop paying rent together, even if it meant a mortgage payment, HOA fee and property taxes. And I'll always remember how you were with me as I found a career, and an amazing husband, too.
But I've got things to do, 20s, so I need to say goodbye and welcome the adventures my 30s have in store. And none too soon, either. Only 11 minutes left...
No comments:
Post a Comment