Sunday, September 28, 2008

Such a Big Girl

I hear it all the time. "They grow up so fast," other parents say to me, looking wistfully at Avery as though they can see their own babies in her stroller. And yet, the pace at which Avery is changing still amazes me. She reaches new milestones seemingly every day.

This week's milestones included rolling over (she can now flip from her back to her tummy faster than you can say "wiggle worm") and eating solid food for the first time. Granted, the solid food was runny rice cereal, but it was the first time she ate from a spoon and it was a pretty big deal around our house.


So yes, I know she's going to grow up fast, but nonetheless I find myself wispering in her ear from time to time, "I love you my little baby. Don't grow up too fast now."
I'll be crawling any day!



No comments: