Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nesting, Again

We're getting close to the day when we'll finally be able to meet our new baby, and we're feeling the familiar nervous excitement and anticipation we felt just two short years ago. If she comes on schedule, we've got a little over three weeks. I know it'll go fast, and so the nesting has begun in earnest. I recognized it was happening when I found myself removing all the jelly jars from the fridge door this weekend so I could wipe off the shelf beneath them. Then replacing the jars in color-coordinated order.

The nursery came together this weekend as well, with Michael hanging the curtains and me finally making decisions on wall art and onesie storage. Like Avery's room, it ended up being beautiful, feminine and serine. We hope that -- unlike Avery's room -- it'll inspire many nights of uninterrupted sleep.

No comments: