I had my last doctor's appointment today. At the end, Dr. Barmeyer said, "I'll see you next Thursday," the day of my scheduled C-section. I reminded him that that he said something similar during my last appointment when I was pregnant with Avery. She was born at three the next morning. "Well then, I'll see you at three in the morning," he replied.
He's a little nonchalant that way, and I like that about him. There's so much to worry about when you're pregnant, I find his don't-worry-about-it manner comforting.
Perhaps hoping to spur another early arrival -- though not entirely on purpose -- we ended up recreating the remaining events of the night Avery was born: dinner at Souplantation with friends, an evening on the couch watching "So You Think You Can Dance." No luck; the baby stayed right where she is. I think now Dr. B. was right. Next Thursday it is. I guess I won't worry about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment